Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Isac (pic & sketch)




I began this sketch with little to no rush at all. It was something that i had no direction whatsoever and that's very nature. My style of creations is very random at all. The typical throw this against the wall and let's see what sticks. I had been asked some time ago to create Cara's son, Isac a door sign. Nothing to fancy but something that embodied the essence of him. I scanned his facebook page for photos trying to figure something that would work and found nothing at all that would stand out.

I scrapped that idea and pushed it further back into my plans. Roughly around the time i was creating artwork for the art fair i had something to drawing. I had a small idea of what i was going to do but not sure how it all would workout. Yet again like many other works it was tucked again. Then one April morning i got a call from Isac's 7 year old sister begging for me to create something for his door. Surprisingly everyone else in the house had something i drew on their doors except him. I didn't really think much of it because he's a guy and i figured most guys didn't take things like that to heart.

With a little bit more pep in my step i began drawing again. Like most teenagers he's in love with Lil' Wayne. I do use the words IN LOVE very strongly, and when i say that i mean in the sense that Isac would have his babies. He's even gone on record as saying that! Granted i'll save my speech on Lil' Wayne for another post but there's no denying almost everyone who knows music is aware of him. But i tried to give a small sense of his daydreaming of Lil' Wayne as well as the feeling that a lust for living life free is vibrant. That would somewhat explain why his name is on a heart monitor thumping. After a little extra effort and revamping this is what i came up with.

No comments: