Monday, May 23, 2011

The grand ending of Lil' Wayne.
My thoughts overall haven't changed. He's a great cross-over artist who has worked with both pop and r&b artist which makes him globally embraces. I just want to leave everyone with my final thoughts of respect for Lil' Wayne and his craft.
I was watching a documentary of the Fuse network on his artist career. The part that made me go "ah-ha i get it/ see it" is when i his creation process. He decided that he was no longer going to write this lyrics down on paper but just simply freestyle (a process of creative rhythms in the moment). He went into the recording booth one last time with a notepad full of rhythms and said ever single thing he had written down ripping out the pages as he went. That raw energy and creative juice so say i don't ever want to repeat myself again is important. Especially for any artist, when i hear things like that i get empowered. That is the same thought process that goes into my artwork. I don't like planning things out to the point i'm banging my head against the wall. I know for others it may work that way but not for me. I'm more of a mood artist. I feel what i feel and i go from there.

No comments: