Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas Spirit...

I had lost the Christmas spirit all together yesterday. I was strongly considering simply not going to to celebrate it with my family. I had made up my mind i would just mope and collect my thoughts before heading back to work on Saturday. It was 1 am by the time i had gotten off work and hopped into my car. Weds i had went to work a little early to help out because i knew it was going to be busy. By the evening I had to count all the money by hand because the money counter was broken [ all 12 drawers]. The store has been a complete mess for almost a month now something which i'm not use to seeing. I had the "i don't think i can do another Christmas again" conversation with another manager as well. A laundry list of things ran through my head as i drove home.
It's very odd how humbling life can be sometimes. You always seem to get the right advice or message at the perfect time. I parked and was getting out my car when i noticed some motoring noise. At first i thought i was the building on the other side of the fence and they had their heater on then i realized something else. It was actually coming from the car beside me. I would have sworn that this was a one time only occurrence until i realized i saw this same car last week with someone in it. The reality of the situation set in, someone has been sleeping in their car. I just checked the temperature and it's 27* outside. Here i'm crying about folding clothes, counting money and cranky customers. How right is that? Honestly do i really have a right to complain when i get off work and i can come inside my own four walls? At that moment i saw how thankful i should be. I just hope that everyone else around me should feel the same way because in all seriousness we don't have as it as bad as we think we do.

No comments: