Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Why Tommy AD?

sketches of Dianna.
sketches of Crystle
sketches one Ashley & Meagan. it just goes to show that some sketches turn out better than others.



My "Shell of Former Me" blog was a very truthful and to the point. There were some things that i left out. The most important one being that i have a job. This job forces me to be someone other than myself. I am an artist that requires me to be expressive. I can't be as open or truthful with myself while at work. I can't tell a customer that they are getting on my nerves or tell the people i work with that they aren't thinking clearly. I'm unable to say any of that. Therefor i am a shell of my former self. That's the worst part about being a manager i am now "Corporate Thomas". i can't even really call myself Tommy in that aspect any more. Over the past months I've lost touch of friends and even made some enemies because i have yet to find the proper balance.



I also had someone ask me why i call myself, Tommy AD. It mostly was due to my past relationship that forced me to evolve. The person i was before then allowed a lot of things to happen that went without being questioned. I realized that it couldn't happen any more and i started to make changes that would allow me to be someone better than i was before. If anyone knows me i allows wear a ring on my left hand that reminds me that i can't be taken advantage of again.


With that being said i also found something very interesting. I found a poem that i was suppose to post a while ago. This poem is untitled but what i feel best describes my personal life as well as the energy i draw with.




Untitled


Can you see this void in my mahogany eyes?


My soul has been hit repeatedly this season by hurricanes swimming off the coast.


Back then i use to raise my glass to her high in a toast.


Now each night i light a candle on the mantle wishing the light will lead her home.


It's seems to have all been a one-way crush that she's out grown.


A gaping hole that extends to the depths of the core.


Believe it or not but to me she was my Rushmore.

No comments: