Monday, June 23, 2008

"Dogg the Bounty Hunter & the N Word"(pic & drawing)



It's been a while since I've drawn/painted a piece that pushed the envelope just a little bit on what is normally my tame style of drawing. I like to venture to the edge even sometimes going over it to show that some things to show that there's a darker humor that few see. For those of you who aren't aware of it. Dog the Bounty Hunter from the A&E show was recorded on tape saying the "N-word" numerous times and ultimately lost his show because of it (shortly). I remembered watching his interview on Larry King Live and listening to him explain how he was working on correcting his language and behavior. Since seeing that show i wanted to make a piece related to his experience. Just recently i found a picture worth drawing of him and even more recently i decided the time was correct to do so. I won't get into my own theory and beliefs about the "n- word" but instead allow everyone to make up their own opinion.

No comments: