Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Rain Rain" & "Rays of Light" pic & drawings


The idea from "Ray of Light" came about because Dianna who i use to work with asked me to draw something that more or less embodied her. At first my impression was to do something more abstract with the colors of the summer and sun. My mind hasn't allowed me to break away from drawing people without falling closely to details as possible. Not to long ago i drew Melody playing off the fact that she has long curly flowing hair. I planned on doing something similar with Dianna with her simply having long hair but this is what turned out instead. I also placed 3 circles in the picture to represent the 3 children that she has. Of course the title is a Madonna song..lol

It's Tues morning and this marks day # 6 in a row working straight at Old Navy. Management is funny like that, you think most people would say hey you're going on a vacation take it easy before the trip or at least say that when you get back but not here. They work you, then they work you some more. That's a whole other story that will probably never grace this blog. Yesterday while waiting to go to the movies i finished these 2 pieces one of which I've kind of been struggling.




What else can i say about Ashley V expect i enjoy raiding her photo album?! I saw this picture originally and i wanted to make it close to being realistic as possible only using a black permanent marker. If anyone hasn't seen the movie Sin City. I'm a big fan of the artist's Frank Miller who created that movie style of drawing. I referenced his book to come up with a drawing style somewhat that is both his but more my own. What really took me so long was to decide who exactly i wanted to create the rain in the background because it's wasn't as easy as i would hope only using markers. The more i look at it the more i say it possibly could work even better in my next drawing. The title "Rain Rain" comes from the children's song most of us song while we were young 'rain rain go away come again another day"

No comments: