Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The yearly Funk (of sorts)



i hate to say this but it generally comes around this time or later that i get emotionally down. I don't want to blame the hot weather because that's an easy cop out but this year is different. So many different changes that i'm going to openly share with everyone has harden me and made me the tortured artist at this moment.

  1. the power to be/corporate management at Old Navy: want me performance managed out due to lack of organization and drive. 
  2. i had to moved: that comes whole new set of bills including paying rent twice within a 2 week period
  3. i took a trip to Florida: i over-extended my budget on that vacation to the point of actually becoming the starving artist last week
  4. my relationship with my gf: all those things above has made my relationship with my gf, Cara even more rockier than normal.
Oddly enough you would think that those things would cripple me as a person and send my world into a tailspin. Honestly some of it has. I go to bed earlier emotionally drained and tired. I text less, talk on the phone and hang out with friends sparingly. I'm trying to auto-correct in my isolation. Still above all else i managed to draw. I draw more often 
now.


1 comment:

Cara said...

Struggles always make us stronger by teaching us something... I love you very much and Rockie or not I'm not going anywhere