Monday, July 2, 2012

my latest commission

it goes without saying my last commission didn't turn out to well. Of course i could've sat and allowed myself to be consumed with the idea that i'm not really that good of an artist. The honest truth is.. i'm not. That's what i draw and paint so often because my goal is to be mistake free, to become so focused that i won't make any mistakes ever again. So yes i draw 3 or 4 times a week for more than an hour because that's part of my quest to be great.
Enough ranting this is my sketch my sister asked for to give to my dad. It still isn't mistake free but i wanted to get back to my roots again. i wanted to do nothing but use a regular #2 pencil. Unheard of in the modern art world because not there's so many shades of pencil why would you use just one? The answer is simple to understand the weight and shade in which each stroke needs.

No comments: