Sunday, February 20, 2011

'Bullsh** & Bracelets'

Valetine's Day has come and gone and i got a little chance to put my own little twist on some pieces to bring them to life just a little.

The title of this piece comes for an inside joke that i'll share with you. We all have people who push buttons in our lives. That one person that seems to know how to tease you in the same manner that kids tease each other. My friend Cara is in that similar situation. For a while now she has claimed that she wanted to be Wonderwoman because those magical bracelets could deflect bullets. Cara also told me that she could see through the drama and lies of her past. The most encouraging part was that even though you couldn't see her bracelets they were there. So after years of believing lies and listening to fabrications she had finally escaped.
When i saw this magnetic at a local comic book shop i knew it was for her. i also knew that i could put my own small twist on it all to conform to her. The tricky part because i'm always looking for some small degree of difficulty would be using 2 canvases. For shipping purposes mainly but also for storing purposes. A long oddly shaped canvas doesn't quite fit in with everything else when pulled off the wall. I did the initial sketch in pencil and acrylic then went over that with oil. I wish i would've gotten it mailed sooner but the dry time on oil isn't one of my favorite parts.
***This is my personal disclaimer. i'm not a painter nor have i ever claimed to be one. This is an attempt at painting something special. ****

1 comment:

Cara said...

You may claim not to be a painter but I love the painting anyways!!!