Sunday, April 18, 2010

Destiny Book Insert 1: airport scene

i recently took up the job of trying to get my together some artwork to illustrate the novel my friends were writing. The hard thing about doing such work is that it's normally not as easy as i would like it to be. There's alot of thought that goes into it and it's just not me laying ink or marker down on paper.

above is my original sketches for the inserts


the good thing is that my friends told me what they wanted each character to look like therefor all i had to do is attempt to find a pose and head position that accompanied it.


this is a failed attempt in pen that i first started but scrapped out of frustration.



the finished product, i feel the background is lacking a little bit more. But the basic idea was inspirated by Frank Miller's artwork. He was the comic creator of the movies Sin City and 300.

No comments: