Saturday, April 24, 2010

Destiny Awaits Insert #3

This was actually the 2nd sketch that i started. I know it wasn't done in order but i tried to go from the easiest to the hardest. It's hard trying to figure out which idea of an embrace works best with the idea of creating an imaginary world. I didn't want to borrow from an ad and cut and paste my own idea of what romance was into it.

This is actually the real sketch that i used as a slight model for how the lovers embrace would be set. there's also an early sketch of the female lead from the airport scene. That design was scrapped because it didn't show her confident that i thought she deserved.
I spoke with one of the authors of the book, Michelle and she told me she envisioned Richard T Jones for one of the characters. So these are just a couple of sample side views of his head that i used. I had to add hair to the character but just to get the idea of the shape of his head for the design.
The final product of my sketch. This is a small combination of ink, ink wash and marker. This scene actually takes place at the beach so i wanted the characters to leap off the page. The background of the ocean and sand only being a setting. Therefor i framed the background like a photo that the characters rested on. I also used Gabrielle Union as a model for the female character.

No comments: