Friday, September 5, 2008

Nickie was a Beach Babe (pic & drawing)



I plucked this picture some time ago very close to the end of July. My first attempt was sketching inside of a coffee shop EXCEPT it was live music night. My color pencils in a very cramped space didn't quite work out as well as i had wanted it to so i pushed it into the back part of my sketch pad. Sometime last month it became in lunch break and after work project. A picture to lost myself and attempt to stop the world for spinning if only for a moment. The picture created itself without much extra effort at all. I became even more energized when i looking inside an art magazine and saw someone had made their artwork look photo realistic. I was slight jealous because i knew i too could create this same effect as i had in the past.

The funny part about drawing at work or in public is the looks and questions that you get. Is that your girlfriend? Where do you know her from? Wow, she's pretty and oh you draw well too..lol
As always thanks Nickie for allowing me to use your picture again and show the world what a great friend you are

No comments: