Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Uncle Fester (pic& sketch)

my mom raised me on old black and white tv shows that she watched. The Addams Family being among them. I was drawn to the show i believe now because the simple fact that all the members were comfortable with being a little weird or crazy. Them embraced the oddities that weren't the standard norm. As an artist, you learn to believe you're the same way. You're odd and weird and have different view points that everyone else around you most of the time. Well that is unless you bump into another artist. As i stated in my last post, i wanted to create more pen and ink master pieces. I don't create enough of them even though i love the contrast of the black against the white paper. This is just the beginning of a sketch that is done in just that style with a little bit of white chalk highlights. I know have the urge to go back and fine tune it all and put away the markers i use to darken certain areas and using pencil instead.

No comments: