Monday, August 15, 2011

dirk nowitzki revisited


Rarely do i get comments on my post or drawing. Actually whether they were bad or good i would appreciate them from what they were worth. But recently i got one that forced me to think a little bit more than normal.
An Anonymous person said : "Dude excellent opportunity build push your darks with this one. Nice rendering but would love to see more contrast. "
At first i thought, wow my artwork is a very touchy subject. I only show/exhabit online because critics can be harsh. However i realized he was right. I was cheating myself of doing a good drawing by giving up half way through. i notice that i do that from time to time. I treat my drawings as sketches and vice versa. There are a long list of excuses why i don't push the enevelope of what i can do. So after a little deliberating and staring at this picture laying next to my drafting table i picked it up and finished it.

No comments: