Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Noir Graffiti project : phrase ONE

The past month i've been inspired by graffiti artist that i know. Whether it's a completely unknown artist or someone that my friends know, I'm move by the expressive strokes and my ability to attempt to create so free form pieces. About 20 years ago anything was possibly, my mind wasn't limited by any major restrains. However know i struggle with creativity but i feel so trapped into going with the norm. Therefor i think graffiti is a easy way to branch out a little.
Which brings up to my latest project, i came up with the grand idea that i wanted to turn a board of wood into a a piece of art. At work if shelves are damaged we generally throw them away. I found a board that would've been discarded by normal standards home and tucked it away some years ago. Little did i know that this lightening bolt of inspiration would hit me and gave me an idea. Only with a slight concept in hand of what i wanted things to look like, i began to paint on the board. Sadly enough it will have 2 stages of painting. The photo realism stage then the creative graffiti stage to follow but i'm still moving at a pace. Not the quickest of paces but i'm still moving.

No comments: