Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Phillip and the Band (pic & sketch)



Sometimes life takes you the oddest of places. Not to long ago it made sure i took me to a Phillip Roebuck show. I'm the last person to be seen at an art show opening and not because i don't support the arts. It's more roots in the ideas that i belittle myself on the idea , why can't i get my act together to have my own show? I sit in a salty mood and wonder are the people around me that are having shows better than me? I truth of the matter is no they aren't because we each have their own unique voice to be expressive with.
It was late and i was wondering what time i should make my exit and not shut down the event but i saw a guy put a kick drum on his back and held a banjo which grabbed my attention. Others around me boasted about his performance being incredible and something worth seeing. So i didn't leave, i stayed and it was well worth it.

a sample of his music

http://www.reverbnation.com/page_object/page_object_bio/artist_65495

No comments: