Thursday, September 9, 2010

The State of TheSadness.



My friend has been urging me to get some work together and write a proposal for a show. Slowly but surely i drag and drag my feet. Doing art isn't a chore or anything that i have to get myself mentally prepared to do. It's just one of those life mysterious that happens. i would like to have around 15 to 20 pieces. I feel that i confidentially have about 8 that i can say "yep this is me and my work!" So i'm steady working on ideas and concepts without following up with and finishing others.

One concept that more or less created itself is piece. I'm a huge basketball fan almost as much as i am professional wrestling. i don't collect basketball cards any more but i still have my collection from earlier days. Close to the end of the NBA playoffs the huge questions mark was where is Lebron James going to play next season. He has been a marketable image for sometime in the sporting world. Shortly after was available for free agency he announced had signed with the Miami Heat. He had numerous mixed reactions by that announcement. There were some of anger, disappointment, joyfulness, and eagerness.
Given the situations that he was leaving his hometown as being the proclaimed savior of Cleveland for the city life of Miami. I thought for an artistic point of view which emotions fits into here. Is he really sad to the point of being sick that he had to leave or is he what most people are soldiers of fortunate? i can't be the judge of that, but perhaps you can?!

No comments: