Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Push & Pull


Sometimes, i draw not because i want to but because i must. This is one of those times. I did something that i probably shouldn't have done. While i was in Texas i stole a photo from my friend Cara. She had been trying over and over to draw this image in charcoal. Trying not to show her up but to see if i could draw it i borrowed it. I had some pastel paper lying around and i decided to test myself. I didn't put at much detail into his body as i would have liked to but i think i put enough to show the image. So then though i started this sketch at work, worked on it some more at Panera i ultimately finished it at home.
I found the title of my drawing from one of my favorite songs by Nikki Costa "Push & Pull." I heard it not to long ago while watching the movie Blow on tv. The lyrics so that song are power and great and sum up some of my feelings about love and relationships.

No comments: