Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cara:Graffiti project


It's funny the way my mind works and comes up with ideas of how to do different things. I'm not a great portrait artist but i can capture likeness. It doesn't take much for me to do that but adding different elements is what ups the level of creativity. I originally drew a picture of Cara's friend Andi and since she was fond of street art i scribbled down her name as artistically as possible. That was so years ago, now i had a photo of Cara that i haven't not drawn or used yet. I wanted so tap into the same energy that i felt with Andi's picture and still show Cara's personality. Cara loves taking baths and enjoys the relaxing nature that it gives her. I plain portrait of marker, color pencils, and pen would be to easy therefor i pushed the image even further. I created a world for her to relax in. The bubbled from her bathtub would raise high in the air and pipe would bend and curve to create her name. The world would be her pearl.

No comments: