Monday, October 26, 2009

Scales of life



I know it's been a while since i wrote a meaning blog. Let along write anything of great importance here. Somehow i feel like sharing my experience. Last week i had lunch with a friend of mine and it's amazing how sometimes we get so trapped in our own personal hurricane that we forget about others are going through things as well. i won't share to much of my friend's story but he quit his job, he's unable to pay rent, and his daughter is coming to live with him full-time now. All those things hit one after another like domino's in a row. The pessimistic side of me say that's horrible lucky and he should rightfully crawl underneath a rock and stay there. However i don't believe in that side at all. I know it sounds silly and foolish to have such beliefs but everything happens as it should. He quit his job because deep down inside that wasn't where he was suppose to be. Rarely do i say this myself but i believe that hands (Gods/HIS Hands) push us in directions that we all fear because it seems like a risk. I know as sure as my fingers type this he will struggle but struggling is a part of life. Pressure creates diamonds. How else is my friend to know what he can bare if he doesn't go through this situation?

My final thought is of encouragement. I encourage anyone who thinks they are having a bad day to weight their problems against others. Perhaps that horrible day, month, year that you've been having isn't that bad at all?

No comments: