Monday, January 10, 2011

What's new for me in '11

Everyone has something cool or interesting that they claim they'll do but don't. My New Year's Resolution is more catered to what i want to work on.

  1. Dedicate/rededicate myself to being an artist. I play so much with the concept of "i'm an artist" This year i plan not only to have a show but to also draw for 1 hour everyday. That's very hard for me to do and attempt to believe that i can focus on that but that's my goal. if i don't take myself seriously as an artistic who else will.
  2. Become more available for my friends. I'm a hermit individual by nature. i love being alone and i have no problems at all telling people: tonight doesn't work for me. By doing so i've pushed some of those who are closest to me away. There are sometimes people understand while other's people just think i'm being selfish. I never set out to hurt anyone on purpose. That isn't my goal, however my goal is to reset myself emotionally. Of all things this will probably being one of the most challenging.
  3. stop being timid. I've spent most of my life being afraid of the what if scenario. I cower and panic when i should be running forward with confidence. So it stops here and now. i've told myself for so long that i have nothing else to loss because i loss everything, so why am i not living that way?

No comments: